Sunday, August 12, 2007

19 weeks

Dates and numbers:
There are 146 days until my due date on January 06, 2008.
I am 134 days pregnant.
I am 4.4 months pregnant.
I am in my 5th month of pregnancy. (huh?)
My 1st trimester: April 01, 2007 to June 30, 2007. (0 - 12 weeks)
My 2nd trimester: July 01, 2007 to October 13, 2007. (13 - 27 weeks)
My 3rd trimester: October 14, 2007 to January 06, 2008. (28 - 40 weeks)
Close up of the face and hands The right foot, including the developing bones, are clearly visible in the middle of the screen


My baby's crown-to-rump length is 5.2 to 6 inches this week. My baby weighs approximately 7 ounces and will increase its weight more than 15 times between now and birth!

Most women can feel their uterus about a half of an inch below their bellybutton at this point of pregnancy. If I turn to the side, I can really tell that my body is changing! Most women have gained up to 14 pounds now and only 7 ounces of that is baby! The placenta weighs about 6 ounces and the amniotic fluid that surrounds my baby weighs 11 ounces. My breasts have increased in weight by 6 ounces each and the uterus has grown to 11 ounces! I may be gaining weight in places other than my abdomen and this may be affecting my posture and sleeping habits.

One of the most amazing aspects of my baby's growth and development is that of the fetal brain. My baby's brain is one of the first organs to appear. My baby's oversized head shows the brain's importance in his development. Because the nerves that connect the muscles to the brain have grown into place, my baby's movements are consciously directed. My baby's ears stand out from the sides of the head and the buds for my baby's permanent teeth appear. My baby's arms and legs have reached their relative proportions and his feet are approximately one inch long.

1 comment:

Madame Angela Baggett said...

taking into consideration that you are having cousin early, you are half way there! wat to go!