Monday, June 11, 2007

10 weeks

Well I am ten weeks along. Again counting those weeks....27 to go! Low blood sugars seem to come on without much warning and when they do they are really low. I think this baby is eating everything.

All the info below can be found on the "I am Pregnant" link. I just change the you to "I."
Dates and numbers:
There are 208 days until my due date on January 06, 2008.
I am 72 days pregnant.
I am 2.4 months pregnant.
I am in my 3rd month of pregnancy. (huh?)
My 1st trimester: April 01, 2007 to June 30, 2007. (0 - 12 weeks)
My 2nd trimester: July 01, 2007 to October 13, 2007. (13 - 27 weeks)
My 3rd trimester: October 14, 2007 to January 06, 2008. (28 - 40 weeks)


At this point of my pregnancy, the crown-to-rump length of my developing baby is 1.25 to 1.68 inches. It is now easier to tell how much the baby weighs since he is beginning to put on some weight. My baby weighs approximately 5 grams and is the size of a small plum! The baby has grown an incredible amount during these past few weeks.






























Fetus in pregnancy week 10

Click for a movie of a busy boy at this stage


This week is somewhat of a landmark for my developing baby. By now, my baby's complete body plan is laid down. My baby will continue to develop and grow for the remainder of the pregnancy. The fingers and toes have separated and the tail has dissappeared now. My baby has taste and tooth buds at this point, which will continue to develop. The brain will continue to grow at an amazing rate and nearly a quarter of a million new neurons are produced every minute! The embryonic heart is completely developed. External genitalia are not apparent until next week, but a male's testes will already be producing testoterone.

2 comments:

jenn with two n's said...

This is not our video. We did take video of our ultrasound but it was on vhs. It was also at 9 weeks--we also hope to be surprised about the gender of our baby!

Madame Angela Baggett said...

wow- too cool! I always loved watching the ultrasound and seeing the movement. Isn't it amazing that you can't feel all that yet? It will be twice the time and size to be able to feel him/her. Yeah, yeah- I'm loving these little development updates. Several people have asked me about your pregnancy and how it is coming. We're all so happy for you and baby.