Sunday, July 8, 2007

14 weeks

I am fourteen weeks. A few people approached me today who didn't already know. It is more and more obvious that I'm showing now. My symptoms are not bad--just bad headaches with low bloodsugars or high. The other day I was sure I was seeing and feeling movement. We'll see if this baby is a mover. A few people have told me they think this baby is a girl. I have no idea. Again we'll see--and no hopefully not on an ultrasound. I'm of the opinion that after the hard work of labour I want the surprise then.
Dates and numbers:
There are 181 days until my due date on January 06, 2008.
I am 99 days pregnant.
I am 3.2 months pregnant.
I am in my 4th month of pregnancy. (huh?)
My 1st trimester: April 01, 2007 to June 30, 2007. (0 - 12 weeks)
My 2nd trimester: July 01, 2007 to October 13, 2007. (13 - 27 weeks)
My 3rd trimester: October 14, 2007 to January 06, 2008. (28 - 40 weeks)
Unborn babies push down on the bladder, urethra, and pelvic muscles.I am now in your second trimester! My baby's crown to rump length is 3.2 to 4.5 inches long and he weighs approximately 1 ounce now. My baby is about the size of the average fist.

Now that I am into my second trimester, I may be starting the best part of my pregnancy. I will probably start to feel more energetic and I may get the `pregnancy glow`. My uterus is beginning to swell week by week and you can follow its progress by locating the top of the uterus. The position of the top of the uterus will continue to gradually move up my abdomen, from beneath the pubic line to above my navel. Maternity clothes are probably necessary now.

Bones are formingAt this time, my baby's face is becoming more developed. The cheeks and bridge of his nose appear and the ears move from the sides of his neck to much higher on his head. The eyes continue to come closer together. A big development from this week onward is the development of lanugo. Lanugo are the fine hairs that grow over almost all of my baby. The hairs grow in whirled patterns that follow the grain of his skin. These patterns later give way to my baby's fingerprints. The lanugo will be shed before birth and replaced by thicker, coarser hairs. My baby's thyroid gland has matured and starts to produce hormones. If my baby is a boy, the prostate will appear and the ovaries descend from the abdomen into the pelvis in baby girls.

The embryo`s soft cartilage is now being replaced with ` real` chalk bones.

My baby has eyebrows, but no eyelashes. Fine, light hair also begins to grow.

1 comment:

Madame Angela Baggett said...

yeah! second trimester ;) You go girl (girls?) I really have no guess!