Monday, July 23, 2007

16 weeks

All three of us have had a great time in Ottawa. We actually got some sunny days too so we visited Parliament yesterday. We have enjoyed our time with Jim and Susan (& Rosie, and Molly & Arthur). We also were able to visit baby's great-grandparents Grandma and Grandpa Wallace and great Aunt and Uncle Goulah and first cousin once removed Brianne with second cousins Wyatt and Paige. All in all a good trip. pictures to follow. We're growing!

Dates and numbers:
There are 166 days until my due date on January 06, 2008.
I am 114 days pregnant.
I am 3.7 months pregnant.
I am in my 4th month of pregnancy. (huh?)
My 1st trimester: April 01, 2007 to June 30, 2007. (0 - 12 weeks)
My 2nd trimester: July 01, 2007 to October 13, 2007. (13 - 27 weeks)
My 3rd trimester: October 14, 2007 to January 06, 2008. (28 - 40 weeks)
Saying hello at 16 weeksAt this point of my pregnancy, my baby is approximately 4.3 to 4.6 inches long and weighs 2.8 ounces. Not only is my baby growing, my uterus and placenta continue to grow to accomodate the growing baby inside of me! Just six weeks ago, my uterus weighed about 5 ounces. This week it now weighs 8.75 ounces! The amniotic fluid that surrounds the baby is increasing and there is about 7.5 ounces of fluid. I will easily be able to feel your uterus approximately three inches below your navel.

My milk glands start production at this time and this causes some tenderness and swelling in early pregnancy. My veins will become more visible because there is an increaed amount of blood flowing to the breasts.

Five and a half inches tall and only six ounces in weight. The child can grasp with his hands, kick, or even somersault.

At this time, my baby is holding his/her head erect. Because his/her muscles are developing, s/he can make some faces now. My baby is able to squint, frown and open his/her mouth. There is enough calcium in the bones that they will show up on an x-ray. My baby's fingernails are well formed now and the legs are longer than the arms. Because my baby is moving well now, I may begin to feel his/her movements! Fetal movements are usually felt between the 16th and 20th week of pregnancy.

I may feel my heart beating 'louder'. This is because there is a lot more blood in my body than normal. (about 20-25% more)

2 comments:

Madame Angela Baggett said...

I get to talk to him/her in 1hr 30 min. if I can just stay up a long time still. Maybe I should go to bed so that someone will be able to get up with the early risers! it's only 12:30 am... so sleeepy

Ian said...

I'm glad that Jenn and John and baby have arrived safely. Thanks for the call on our anniversary.