Sunday, July 29, 2007

17 weeks

Having a great time and I'm seventeen weeks! A couple of days ago as I was sitting and relaxing I was sure I saw a little kick. I'm looking forward to more of these.

There are 160 days until my due date on January 06, 2008.
I am 120 days pregnant.
I am 3.9 months pregnant.
I am in my 4th month of pregnancy. (huh?)
My 1st trimester: April 01, 2007 to June 30, 2007. (0 - 12 weeks)
My 2nd trimester: July 01, 2007 to October 13, 2007. (13 - 27 weeks)
My 3rd trimester: October 14, 2007 to January 06, 2008. (28 - 40 weeks)

My baby's weight has doubled in two weeks and now weighs about 3.5 ounces! The crown-to-rump length of My growing baby is 4.4 to 4.8 inches. If I spread my hand out opened wide, I can see about how big my baby is.

My uterus is moving up and is now approximately 1.5 to 2 inches below my navel. I am showing more now and there is a noticeable swelling in my abdomen. At this point in my pregnancy, a 5 to 10 pound weight gain is normal. Other people can probably feel the difference in my lower abdomen if they were to rub my tummy. I may have felt my baby move already. ( I have!) However, I might not feel movement every day at this point. As my pregnancy progresses, movements become stronger and more frequent. There is increased blood volume that puts pressure on small blood vessels and capillaries.

Huge changes continue to take place within my developing baby. This week fat begins to form and will continue to do so until s/he is born. Fat is important to the body's heat production and metabolism. Right now, at 17 weeks, water makes up about 3 ounces and fat 0.018 ounces of my baby's body. In a baby at term, fat makes up about 5.25 pounds of the total average weight of 7.7 pounds. (Unless baby is 10 pounds, 3 ounces!) The placenta is continuing to grow at an amazing rate. The placenta will continue to develop in tandem with the fetus and it will weigh more than a pound at birth! By this week, the placenta is large and well established with a network of blood vessels that exchange nutrients and waste.

The eyes are facing more forward. The ears are now close to their final position.

My baby is more flexible with ability to move head, mouth, lips, arms, wrists, hands, legs, feet, and toes.

Fingerprints are forming now.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you really see it? Or did you "see" it, e.g. feel it?

jenn with two n's said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jenn with two n's said...

Usually I see rather than feel. This time I actually saw my skin jump. It was cool. It is always just another one of those reminders how miraculous life is.

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's pretty cool.

Ian said...

Just letting you know that I am keeping with with your weekly postings. Your mom and I are continuing to pray for yu'all.

Trail Rider said...

That is an ABSOULTE miracle!!!!!!!
God is an absolute genius!!!!
I absolutely LOVE being pregnant.............although, I've had my last (snicker)

Love those kicks! so happy for you!