Sunday, October 7, 2007

27 weeks

We will be celebrating Thanksgiving with our family: the MacLeods, Wallaces and a few friends. Another reason to celebrate is the fact that I am now 27 weeks--officially third trimester. We are very thankful for new life (the kicks I've been getting lately) and the opportunity to see our little one. The countdown is on--10 weeks to go!

There are 89 days until my due date on January 06, 2008.
I am 191 days pregnant.
I am 6.3 months pregnant.
I am in my 7th month of pregnancy. (huh?)
My 1st trimester: April 01, 2007 to June 30, 2007. (0 - 12 weeks)
My 2nd trimester: July 01, 2007 to October 13, 2007. (13 - 27 weeks)
My 3rd trimester: October 14, 2007 to January 06, 2008. (28 - 40 weeks)

I am now in the third trimester, and last, of my pregnancy! My baby's crown-to-rump length is about 9.6 inches and my baby's total length is approximately 15.3 inches! My baby now weighs about 2 pounds 3 ounces and is going to grow rapidly during this last trimester! My uterus is about 2.8 inches above my bellybutton.

If my baby were born now,s/he would have an 85% chance of surviving. Even though my baby is still not fully developed, s/he would be well within the limits of premature viability. I still have approximately 13 (10 for me!) weeks left of my pregnancy, and during this time my baby must continue to grow and develop. If my baby was born at this time, s/he would have several complications that would require special attention. Because babies do not have adequate amounts of fat at this time, my baby would have to be kept inside of an incubator for warmth. Because the air sacs in my baby's lungs do not yet have surfactant, s/he would require an artificial respirator. My baby's brain, liver and immune system still need to develop more also.


My baby can develop hiccups

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm surely glad that everything goes well so far. I hope it stays that way.

Ian said...

May the Lord continue to smile on you and bless you always.