Sunday, October 21, 2007

29 weeks--7 months--57 days to go!

Well this week on Friday we will have another ultrasound. I'm really looking forward to seeing baby and hearing how he or she is doing...even though I get to feel that whenever I get kicks. I am feeling well and, as you've noticed, I'm counting days now too. 57 to go!

Dates and numbers:
There are 76 days until my due date on January 06, 2008.
I am 204 days pregnant.
I am 6.7 months pregnant.
I am in my 7th month of pregnancy. (huh?)
My 1st trimester: April 01, 2007 to June 30, 2007. (0 - 12 weeks)
My 2nd trimester: July 01, 2007 to October 13, 2007. (13 - 27 weeks)
My 3rd trimester: October 14, 2007 to January 06, 2008. (28 - 40 weeks)


At this point in my pregnancy, my baby's crown-to-rump length is approximately 10.4 inches and the total length of my baby is around 16.7 inches. My baby weighs about 2.7 pounds and continues to grow every day. If I measure from my bellybutton, my uterus is 3.5 to 4 inches above it. Total weight gain at this point is usually between 19 and 25 pounds.

3D sonogram of a fetus in week 29

Babies that are born prematurely can be very tiny. Even a baby that is only a few weeks early can be very small. My baby will grow rapidly from now until week 36, and then at a slower rate thereafter. Generally, boys weigh more than girls at birth. The average baby's birthweight at full term is 7 to 7.5 pounds. (I can dream can't I?)

I might notice some leakage of colostrum from my breasts around this time. Colostrum is a sticky, watery substance that provides my baby's first food if I choose to breastfeed. Milk does not come in immediately after delivery and colostrum is high in calories and enough for my baby's first few days of life. My baby is stimulating the production of colostrum. The baby's body is ensuring that there will be a readily available food supply after delivery.

My baby will continue to open and close his/her eyes in the womb and may be able to see silhouettes of objects or even people in the right amount of light. My baby should be moving many times throughout the day. Some of my baby's movements will be predictable and if I notice a decrease in fetal movements, I should lie down and do a fetal kick count. I should feel your baby move approximately ten times in an hour.

Research has shown that my baby is not only able to hear, but also able to recognize my voice. This shows that my baby can already learn, remember and recognize.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know I must run in the MacLeod family that the babies are so big. And to be honest: It scares the s* out of me. (Sorry for swearing but there is not other way to say how I feel.) I mean, I am not much taller than you (if I am taller).

Ok, I will not go on or I might make you feel bad or something like that. And I really don't want that.

I hope the ultra sound goes well and that you will feel fine for the rest of the of those 57 days. *g*

All the best from Germany!

Madame Angela Baggett said...

Yeah! We can hardly wait to see you and feel those kicks too. This will be an auntie privilege I didn't get with Gordon since he was too small for me to feel his kicks when you visited pregnant.

I think I'll go check airlines now. Wishing I was there with you. Sometimes I wish we could be in two places at the same time ;)