Saturday, October 13, 2007

28 weeks

Well another marker--28 weeks (7 months). We'll take a 7 month photo and post. The other night John and I went to see Bourne Ultimatum. There was a fight scene and I felt like I was in it! The baby was really punching and kicking during the whole sequence--I suspect the sound effects and noise got the baby going. John figures our child will like action movies. (Well he or she won't be able to watch ones like that for quite awhile!) Sunday--64 days to go!

Dates and numbers:
There are 83 days until my due date on January 06, 2008.
I am 197 days pregnant.
I am 6.5 months pregnant.
I am in my 7th month of pregnancy. (huh?)
My 1st trimester: April 01, 2007 to June 30, 2007. (0 - 12 weeks)
My 2nd trimester: July 01, 2007 to October 13, 2007. (13 - 27 weeks)
My 3rd trimester: October 14, 2007 to January 06, 2008. (28 - 40 weeks)


My baby's crown-to-rump length is approximately 10 inches and the total length of my growing baby is around 15.75 inches. My baby weighs about 2.4 pounds at this point. My uterus is a little more than 3 inches above my bellybutton. My weight gain at this time should be between 17 and 24 pounds.


Blood vessel in the umbilical cord. For several months, the umbilical cord has been the baby's lifeline to me. Nourishment is transferred from my blood, through the placenta, and into the umbilical cord to the baby.

I will probably begin visiting my caregiver once every two weeks. Week 28 is an important week for testing. I have had an antibody test. The antibody test will determine if you and your baby will have any reactions to each other's blood differences.

My baby's brain continues to develop and is now forming the folds and grooves of a fully developed brain. The amount of tissues within the brain also continues to increase in large amounts. The hair that covers my baby's scalp is also getting longer. My baby is now large enough for presentation to be determined and my doctor might be able to find out if my baby is at risk for being breech. If my baby is breech, there is still time for the baby to rotate.

No comments: