Monday, October 1, 2007

Fetal echo

The fetal echo test went well. It can be unnerving because you lay there (or stand if you are the dad) in silence for about 20 minutes or so. The ultrasound doctor is quiet and poker-faced. (John mentioned she'd probably do well at playing poker for that reason). The news was good. There was a mention about some fluid around the heart--just to keep an eye on and be aware of but not concerned about. The pediatric cardiologist noted that the ultrasound doctor had her work cut out for her as the baby was moving around quite a bit. I think that's because the baby and I have that worked out--baby has been pretty active and I couldn't be happier about that. So we were able to release our emotions after we left the room. Rob stopped in too (he works on campus) and it was good to get through another of many revisited moments but now new moments with this baby.
Thank you for the prayers for today! Keep them coming!

2 comments:

Madame Angela Baggett said...

Yeah! Glad it went so well. I've been thinking of you through all these stages of grief and renewal. Peace to you all.

Ivan says: my cousin!

I finished the clock as much as I'll do before baby is born and Ivan likes to talk about the clock for Auntie Jenn and Uncle John's baby, our cousin.

Monica said...

Glad to hear it went well.