Tuesday, May 29, 2007

More developments


There are 221 days until my due date on January 06, 2008.
I am 59 days pregnant.
I am 1.9 months pregnant.
I am in my 2nd month of pregnancy. (huh?)
My 1st trimester: April 01, 2007 to June 30, 2007. (0 - 12 weeks)
My 2nd trimester: July 01, 2007 to October 13, 2007. (13 - 27 weeks)
My 3rd trimester: October 14, 2007 to January 06, 2008. (28 - 40 weeks)

By the end of my second month of pregnancy, my baby is about the size of a pinto bean and is approximately 14 to 20 mm long. My doctor can tell that my uterus is larger than normal. By 6 weeks of pregnancy, my uterus has grown to the size of a grapefruit!

My baby is developing at an amazing rate during these early weeks. Eyelid folds and ears are forming. My baby's eyes are still very wide apart on the sides of his or her head, but will eventually center themselves out. The tip of the nose is actually present at this time as well. The aortic and pulmonary valves of the heart are present. The tubes that lead from the throat to lungs are branching and my baby's torso is getting longer and beginning to straighten out. Just a few weeks ago, my baby's arms were tiny buds. Now the elbows are actually present and the arms and legs extend forward and have grown longer. Fingers and toes are becoming visible also.




The tiny person is protected by the amnionic sac, filled with fluid. Inside, the child swims and moves gracefully. The arms and legs have lengthened, and fingers can be seen. The toes will develop in the next few days.

No comments: