Thursday, May 3, 2007

Symptoms


It's funny. At first when I wasn't sure I was pregnant "symptoms" were iffy: Well I'm might just be getting a head rush; my stomach has been doing strange things since I was pregnant with Gordon...Now I know that my occasional sore back, my increased tiredness, my runny nose and that slightly queasy feeling in my stomach when I haven't eaten yet (and of course the absence of a monthly visitor), are signals from a baby who is growing in me. Another miracle. Another life.

Dear baby,
I am so glad that changes are happening for us both! You are continuing to make your presence known. Soon we will be telling others of your presence. For now you are our precious secret!

God, Maker of the earth and all that is in it, Maker of this precious baby
I come knocking, I come fervently, I come repeatedly, you know my heart, you know its cry, you know my needs. Bring this baby into our home. Bring this baby into our arms. Give us peace.

2 comments:

jenn with two n's said...

Mom just called--that's Grandma Ruth to you baby,
She asked "So do you have any news?... How have you been feeling?" She also brought up my working in the fall--"Have you told work if you will be full-time or half? Of course you'll be half if you're pregnant--And how are your bloodsugars doing?" AHHHHH! So Mom this is to let you know--when I tell you--I didn't want to mislead you. We're just not ready to share the news yet.
I love you. (Work does know however, so after work and the doctors you'll be the first!)

Madame Angela Baggett said...

Mom- don't feel bad, I may have come in about 15th! Andrew used to say he is always the last to know, so I told him before Jenn even for one of the pregnancies. I don't care what number in rank I am to hear, I'm just glad to be a part and so happy for the good news.